Sponsors

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Made It Through April Fools Day 2012 Without Incident

It took me all day and most of the night to realize that my husband's evil plan for me this April Fool's Day was no plan at all!

He carefully maneuvered himself away from me when I would open a kitchen cabinet or drawer and stared at me intently at lunch and dinner. I kept waiting for springy snakes to jump out at me or my mouth to be set on fire with a good dose of hot sauce slipped into my food. When he jumped to bring me a piece of pie for dessert, I thought for certain I was about to be fooled and stabbed my pie like a maniac looking for a hidden object stuffed amongst the apples and crumb crust.

Around four in the afternoon, I was begging him to just get it over with, by seven I was out of mind looking for mousetraps about to bite my fingers hidden in drawers, and now that my husband is asleep, I am still not entirely convinced something isn't about to happen that will be captured on video and played at every occasion possible.

It hit me a few minutes ago that my husband got exactly what he wanted...a crazed wife who spent the day just waiting for something awful to happen. I know I heard him chuckle as I used a tongs and wooden spoon to root through my clothing, sure that there would be something hiding beneath the fabric and foolishly, I wasted an entire beautiful Sunday anxiously waiting for something to happen.

With only a couple of minutes left in the day, I am almost sure I am safe for another year, but I know I will need to be doubly on guard next year and not be lured into a false sense of security. I also need to start planning now for how I will get my husband next year for the horrible non-prank he pulled on me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment