Sponsors

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bobby Brown Arrested Again...Is That Really Any Surprise?

Taking bets now that Bobby Brown will soon be making an appearance on Dr. Drew's “Celebrity Rehab” show. I actually wish he would, and I really wish that it would help. The only time I have seen even a glimmer of the “real” Bobby Brown was when he wasn't drinking (as much) or under the influence of some other mind-bending concoction of weed, cocaine, crack and heroin. And while he has managed to put the drugs aside, having been an alcoholic from early adolescence on, he just can't seem to get that completely under control.

Bobby's “My Prerogative” was a hit with the freshman crowd while I was a junior in college. Catchy, and admittedly, quite danceable, but until I caught Bobby on a few episodes of his ill-fated reality show, “Being Bobby Brown,” I just could not put a face to the song. The train wreck that was “Being” held my interest long enough for me to perfect my one-word Whitney Houston impersonation of “BAH-BE,” that is still requested within my circle of friends and family.

Would Bobby be more apt to get help if it furthered his celebrity? I met him a couple of years ago as he came off his stint on “Celebrity Fit Club.” He was friendly, affable and enjoyable, and more sober than he had been in a good amount of time. He was proud of his accomplishments on the show, almost beaming like a child as he showed off his weight loss. But it seemed that pride would be short-lived as he returned to his normal life, the constant kudos turning to the chronic accusations that it was all his fault that Whitney turned into the mess she had, even years after the dissolution of their marriage.

Hard to get past the legacy claiming that you were personally responsible for the death of America's favorite singing crackhead.


No comments:

Post a Comment