Sponsors

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Holy Hottie! Check Out Zac Efron in The Lucky One

So I am sitting and catching up on a little television today, I know, hard to believe that I need to catch up when I have a TV on constantly, and a commercial comes on for Zac Efron's newest movie, “The Lucky One.”

First of all, I have to give a yummy shout out to Zac for gaining the muscle needed to be believable as a marine finishing off three tours of duty in Iraq. Based on a Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name, Efron heads home from Iraq to find the girl whose photo he found while at battle, a photo representing a woman he considered to be his good luck charm.

If the name Nicholas Sparks rings a bell, it should! He has written the books that a great portion of the tear-jerking movies of the last decade have been based on including:

The Notebook
Dear John
A Walk To Remember
Nights in Rodanthe
Message in a Bottle
The Last Song

For as much as I cry watching those films, I am convinced Mr. Sparks is part owner of Kimberly-Clark, the makers of Kleenex.

But back to Zac! Zac clearly has matured from his “High School Musical” days and the bulk and muscle he put on for this role helped me get past the fact that he is still isn't even 25-years-old. The previews also showed his lovely blond co-star, Taylor Schilling, best known for her role as Nurse Veronica Callahan on the TV series “Mercy.”

The two make a striking couple and the story looks compelling enough to get me to the theater to see this one!

Yes, I will be packing Kleenex when I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment