Sponsors

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mega Millions Winning Numbers Reveal That I Can't Retire Just Yet

So obviously I was just warming up and now that the next drawing for Mega Millions will be for an estimated $476 MILLION, I am definitely going to win it on Friday. Yes folks, not a single ticket matched to pay out the already huge $363 million jackpot so the frenzy starts again!

Did you see the winning numbers? I caught the Mega number on my local news, but then after trying to access the Mega Millions website and my own state lottery site to see the full set of drawn numbers, and finding them both too busy to even get access, I headed off to slumber land. It was especially difficult since I had at least one line with the Mega number!

For those who missed it, the Mega Millions Winning Numbers for March 27th were:

09 19 34 44 51 MEGA BALL 24 and BONUS MULTIPLIER = 3

I had all of the numbers...unfortunately, not all appeared on the same line. It looks like my retirement investment paid out a whopping $2 that I will reinvest in a couple of tickets for the next drawing.

It will be much more satisfying winning Friday's jackpot, which will pay out either $476 million over the course of the next 26 years or the winner (me!) can take a lump sum payment of $341 million. Not that the annual payments wouldn't be nice, but I would much prefer to have the money in hand as soon as possible, and figure that the interest I will earn on a well-invested chunk of it will more than make up for the loss of the $135 million for choosing the cash option.

It's going to be a long couple of days as I wait for the next drawing and continue work on my ultimate shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment