Sponsors

Friday, March 30, 2012

Time Once Again To Choose Some Lucky Numbers!

After finally breaking into my Gerard Butler fortune cookie and not being overly enthusiastic about the numbers on the fortune, I am trying to think of other lucky numbers in my life to use for my next round of Mega Millions tickets.

With the jackpot sitting at $640 million, that's right, over a HALF BILLION dollars, I know I need to put some thought into some good numbers sure to help me land the big prize.

Playing the last two digits of the year of my birth is not possible, my age works, the month and date of my birthday work as well, but the possibility that others would choose those same numbers is too great. Do you know what the probability is that two people share the same date of birth in just a pool of 30 people? It's huge! Don't ask me to show the math, just trust me.

So I need a system of some sort. I don't trust the random number generators I have found online because who knows? They could be giving everyone the same supposedly random numbers. What? Me paranoid?

Looking at past major lottery winners, very few have played a special set of numbers. Most winners do come from the quick pick pool. I only remember one gentleman in Illinois who finally won playing the same set of numbers that he had for the last 20-odd years. He never missed a drawing and always played the same several sets encompassing special birth dates in his family. It made me wonder how much he had spent by the time he actually won!

Hopefully some inspiration will come on my way to the gas station to pick up my tickets...I would count street lights, but there aren't any in this part of the world. Counting cows is a possibility as are the number of dead vermin on the roads. I'd love to win and get to explain THAT strategy for my number choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment